Warehouse Assistant / Driver
Responsible for ensuring all jobs scheduled for the next day have all material and equipment pulled. Track material returns by job and return to stock. Responsible for all materials, supplies, etc. that leave the shop have been properly filled out on a material sheet. List all overstocked items and give to Installation Coordinator for return to vendor. Check and put away stock orders. Maintain shop and yard in a clean and orderly fashion. Assist Installers in loading and unloading vans and with tool room tracking. Drive company vehicle to deliver and pickup equipment as needed.
– Assist Department Managers and Shop Fabricator with items necessary to dispatch the crew in the morning, with a goal to have installers gone within 20 minutes.
– Notify Installation Coordinator of any shortages on stock items.
– List return to stocks and give to Installation Coordinator for return to vendor.
– Put away any deliveries, mark equipment received with job name and number, stage in appropriate area.
– Perform inventory count as needed.
– Check schedule for all jobs installing in two days, pull material list and stage.
– Remove clutter and scrap from shop area.
– Pick up all garbage from warehouse, yard and on building grounds.
– Report status of jobs pulled at days end to Department Managers.
– Pull truck stock for Service. Notify Service Manager of shortages.
– Review schedule for upcoming jobs to make certain that all material lists have been turned in for pulling and staging, notify Department Managers if any are missing.
– Check with shop fabricator for any needed stock.
– Maintain facility in proper operating condition.
– Put away all extra materials brought back by installers the day before.
– Maintain warehousing of Company supplied tools.
– Generate check out lists and reconcile upon return.
– Lock up building and yard.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Organizational skills.
– Must be able to perform multiple tasks at a time.
– Arrive and be ready to start work by 7AM.
– Insurable by Company insurance carrier.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Willingness to invest time in training seminars and classes.
– Follow directions as given, written and verbal.
– Basic safety knowledge of tools and surroundings.
– Safe use of ladders.
– Comply with all safety rules.
– Dress in workman like manner.
– Unloading/stocking supplies and equipment.
– Unloading/loading of truck.
– Ability to complete a daily time card accurately.
– Be able to carry 100 pounds unassisted.
– Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
– Help implement new inventory control system.
– Enter warehouse transfers in company information systems.
– Process purchase orders for specific items.
– Drive delivery truck and transfer equipment and materials to meet project schedules.
– Excellent verbal skills.
– Professional phone skills.
– Ability to work independently.
– Ability to use a forklift truck, and have or obtain a certification.
– Ability to complete proper paper-work.
– Maintaining a clean working environment.
– High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
– Some logistics, and driver experience preferred.
– General office administration experience.
– HVAC industry, construction, or contracting administration experience ideal.
– Project coordination, scheduling or dispatch experience preferred.
– Computer skills with MS Office suite.
Cardinal Heating and AC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, disability, paid vacation, and 401K. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
If you take pride in your work and would like to join the Cardinal team please fill out this application, and apply below.