Hydronic Technician / Pipe Fitter Installer
Full time pipe fitter to perform work on residential and light commercial retrofit and new construction
projects. Must meet or exceed all responsibilities as listed below.
• Provide hand and battery power tools needed to perform your job
• Perform water balance test and recognize when and what problems exist from the testing
• Layout, design and install various piping systems
• Compile a complete materials list from blueprint
• Verify and coordinate HVAC building code compliance
• Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to site superintendents and coworkers
• Train and instruct other employees in this trade
• Write work orders for projects as change orders are required
• Responsible for daily communication of job needs to site super intendants and Cardinal PM
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all time
• Layout and install equipment as needed
• Complete clear and concise paperwork as needed
• Keep your vehicle stocked with any needed regularly used parts or materials
• Clean and organize your van weekly
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma required. AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Valid Washington State driver’s license
• All applicable trade licenses or certifications, up to date
• At least three years of HVAC experience
• Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints
• Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and Installation methods for the different types of piping
• Ability to think and layout three dimension piping and draw isometric drawings for clear understanding
• Proven record of Hydronic system installation in custom homes and commercial situations
• Advanced customer service skills
• Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles
• Operate hand and power tools associated with the trade
• Knowledge of basic piping practices including hydronic, gas piping, refrigerant piping, and geo
• Proven ability to work with different piping materials such as copper, PEX, iron, polypropylene, etc.
• Proven skills in soldering, brazing, fusion welding, screwed fittings, etc.
• Knowledge of water balancing principles and techniques
• Knowledge of normal safety practices pertinent to the trade
• Must be able to perform all work listed above
• Must be able to walk, bend and crawl for on-site job inspections
Cardinal Heating and AC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life,
disability, paid vacation, and 401K. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
If you take pride in your work and would like to join the Cardinal team please fill out this application, and apply below.