Customer Service Coordinator
Provide outstanding customer service to each customer and fellow employee. Schedule service appointments as phone calls are received. Interact with a variety of customers in a professional way. Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules and dispatch the technicians to their next appointment as service calls are completed. Maintain customer database with current information. Maintain Maintenance Agreement program. Create new client Preventative Maintenance Agreement’s and update existing yearly. Assist Service Coordinator as needed with ordering and coordinating parts acquisition for technicians while on the job site. Communicate repair costs and schedule technician return trips with customers when needed. Clear and concise communications with department managers, employees and company customers, including keeping customers appraised as to company schedule and part lead-times. Maintain a high level of professionalism with Cardinal Heating customers, vendors, and employees.
- Field and respond to Customer calls efficiently and proactively.
- Respond to all voice messages and emailed requests for service.
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls as they are received and create work orders on the schedule board according to the process.
- Maintain the service schedule to ensure efficient routing and technician workload.
- Dispatch Service Technicians to scheduled appointments / jobs.
- Communicate daily appointments / jobs with Technicians.
- Call scheduled Customers to communicate expected time of arrival of Technician.
- Notify Customers if a Technician is running late.
- Confirm receipt of parts for upcoming work. Check 3 or more days in advance.
- Debrief Service Technicians, one call at a time.
- Maintain Maintenance Agreement (PMA) program.
- Create Maintenance Agreements contract proposals for new customers.
- Call out and schedule current PMA Customers.
- Maintain database information, including Customer service due dates.
- Create hard copy files to be given to Customers.
- Create renewals ensuring all quoted PMA’s are accurate in billing and current prices and are up to date with equipment being serviced.
- Update Customer files as information is received from installation and field Technicians. (Extended Warranties, equipment info, new customers, tickle file, etc.).
- Create and update all Customer equipment information.
- Update and Maintain Customer history files in database.
- Complete confirmation calls every afternoon for next days scheduled jobs.
- Assist Service Coordinator in staging parts for upcoming work for Technicians.
- Assist Service Coordinator in Service Follow Up’s as requested.
- Assist Service Coordinator ordering parts/material when requested.
- Help Service Manager with marketing issues as directed.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace.
- Backup for receptionist and Service Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned
The following key performance indicators will measure the effectiveness of this position: – Customer satisfaction. – Efficiency of Technician scheduling and dispatch. – Number of Customer complaints due to scheduling. – Number of return trips/call backs due to scheduling inefficiencies. – Number of Customer “no shows” (if reminder calls did not occur). – Accuracy of Customer history files. – Accuracy of Customer Maintenance Agreement files. – Travel time goal = ¼ hour. – Tracking and scheduling of PMA Customers. – Success of PMA program.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- 2 years’ customer service experience required.
- General office administration experience.
- HVAC industry, construction, or contracting administration experience ideal.
- Project coordination, scheduling or dispatch experience preferred.
- Computer skills with MS Office suite.
If you take pride in your work and would like to join the Cardinal team please fill out this application, and apply below.