Responsible for administration, implementation, management, and installation of high-end custom residential HVAC systems. Must manage several jobs simultaneously. Work with Sales Team, Crew Leads, Installers, and Project Coordinator to maintain scope, schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
Cardinal Heating & Air offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including 100% company provide medical, life, and disability insurance. Eight paid holidays and paid vacation. 401K with matching up to 4% of your income. Company vehicle. Annual longevity bonuses including a $3,000 bonus and an extra week of paid vacation on your 10-year anniversary. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
- Manage project scope and contract, establish schedules, assign project staff, control costs compared to budget, maintain code compliance, and required quality standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service to create partnerships with customers.
- Maintain a positive working environment, employee relations, and morale while enforcing discipline as required.
- Manage performance objectives related to productivity, quality, service, and safety.
- Serve as the lead resource for job site supervisors, general contractor, architect, engineer, and the homeowner throughout the project.
- Manage assigned installers and apprentices. Conduct annual reviews in conjunction with the Construction Department Manager.
- Maintain productivity of direct reports by maximizing efficiency and percentage of billable time.
- Ensure all procedures are followed, implemented, and enforced.
- Maintain clean, proper, and safe storage and handling of all materials and equipment.
- Create daily and weekly production goals for field personnel. Debrief field personnel to ensure the project is on task.
- Coordinate layout and ordering of materials and equipment as needed.
- Review shop drawings/material requests and coordinate with purchasing and scheduling departments to ensure the highest efficiency and profitability levels are maintained.
- Organize job handoff meetings and work with sales staff to understand each job and relay it to the installers.
- Hold project meetings and field inspections as necessary to ensure work is installed per contract, budget, and project schedule. Anticipate challenges on projects and provide direction and solutions in order to avoid issues and delays.
- Schedule completion of all punch lists or uncompleted items.
- Provide support to field staff and monitor their abilities concerning safety and quality installation practices. Provide commendation, encouragement, direction, training, and private correction when needed.
- · Return customer calls promptly, resolving open issues in a fast and efficient manner.
- Inform the department manager of employee performance while working on projects you are managing.
- Coordinate deliveries, conduct site visits and anticipate project needs to reduce or eliminate the need for the field staff to come to the shop.
- Conduct and or attend site safety, construction progress meetings, department, and other meetings as required.
- Work side by side with leads and installers at times to help/train them on challenging tasks.
- Review project costs, work with the Installation Coordinator and Salesmen to create change orders, and compile monthly billing for each project.
- Upon completion, evaluate each project, and create a system summary, provide feedback to the Department Manager and Salesperson.
- Ensure proper permits are ordered, and inspections are performed.
- Review timesheets as needed and other administrative documents to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- AA in Business or related training.
- 5 years Project Management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience Installing/supervising/ designing ducted HVAC, Hydronic, heating/cooling systems, and temperature control systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC system design and ability to read construction blueprints.
- Expert HVAC, Hydronic, heating/cooling systems, and temperature control systems installation knowledge.
- Strong project budget control, cost control, and revenue recognition skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and team player.
- Strong management and problemsolving skills.
- Ability to manage time of direct reports while managing one’s own time.
- Professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, flexible and team player.
- Good communication skills; written and verbal. Respond to company phone calls and emails by the end of the business day.
- Positive attitude with good organizational skills. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to teach, train, and lead others the policies, procedures and best practices.
- Valid Washington Driver’s License and ability to read map and find destination efficiently.
- Excellent driving record.
- Proficient knowledge of personal computers, software programs and reports.
- Wear company provided uniforms at all times while at work.
- Ability to lift over 50lbs on a regular basis and over 100lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to drive to meetings and job sites.
- Must be able to walk, bend, and crawl for on-site job inspections.
- Must be able to talk on the phone and work on a computer simultaneously.