Customer Service Coordinator
Position title: Comfort Consultant
- Provide outstanding customer service to each customer and fellow employee.
- Schedule service appointments as phone calls are received.
- Interact with a variety of customers in a professional way.
- Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules and dispatch the technicians to their next appointment as service calls are completed.
- Maintain customer database with current information.
- Maintain Maintenance Agreement program.
- Create new client Preventative Maintenance Agreement’s and update existing yearly.
- Assist Service Coordinator as needed with ordering and coordinating parts acquisition for technicians while on the job site.
- Communicate repair costs and schedule technician return trips with customers when needed.
- Clear and concise communications with department managers, employees and company customers, including keeping customers appraised as to company schedule and part lead-times.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with Cardinal Heating customers, vendors, and employees.
- Field and respond to Customer calls efficiently and proactively.
- Respond to all voice messages and emailed requests for service.
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls as they are received and create work orders on the schedule board according to the process.
- Maintain the service schedule to ensure efficient routing and technician workload.
- Dispatch Service Technicians to scheduled appointments / jobs.
- Communicate daily appointments / jobs with Technicians.
- Call scheduled Customers to communicate expected time of arrival of Technician.
- Notify Customers if a Technician is running late.
- Confirm receipt of parts for upcoming work. Check 3 or more days in advance.
- Debrief Service Technicians, one call at a time.
- Maintain Maintenance Agreement (PMA) program.
- Create Maintenance Agreements contract proposals for new customers.
- Call out and schedule current PMA Customers.
- Maintain database information, including Customer service due dates.
- Create hard copy files to be given to Customers.
- Create renewals ensuring all quoted PMA’s are accurate in billing and current prices and are up to date with equipment being serviced.
- Update Customer files as information is received from installation and field Technicians. (Extended Warranties, equipment info, new customers, tickle file, etc.).
- Create and update all Customer equipment information.
- Update and Maintain Customer history files in database.
- Complete confirmation calls every afternoon for next days scheduled jobs.
- Assist Service Coordinator in staging parts for upcoming work for Technicians.
- Assist Service Coordinator in Service Follow Up’s as requested.
- Assist Service Coordinator ordering parts/material when requested.
- Help Service Manager with marketing issues as directed.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace.
- Backup for receptionist and Service Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned
The following key performance indicators will measure the effectiveness of this position:
- Customer satisfaction.
- Efficiency of Technician scheduling and dispatch.
- Number of Customer complaints due to scheduling.
- Number of return trips/call backs due to scheduling inefficiencies.
- Number of Customer “no shows” (if reminder calls did not occur).
- Accuracy of Customer history files.
- Accuracy of Customer Maintenance Agreement files.
- Travel time goal = ¼ hour.
- Tracking and scheduling of PMA Customers.
- Success of PMA program.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- 2 years’ customer service experience required.
- General office administration experience.
- HVAC industry, construction, or contracting administration experience ideal.
- Project coordination, scheduling or dispatch experience preferred.
- Computer skills with MS Office suite.